As we age or if we have recently been hospitalized and are returning home (see Hospital 2 Home), we often will require assistance with things such as walking, personal hygiene, using the toilet, dressing, eating, help with getting in and out of bed or off and on a chair.
Personal care includes assistance with what are referred to as Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). ADLs are activities in which people engage on a day-to-day basis. These are everyday personal care activities that are fundamental to caring for oneself and maintaining independence. Whether due to normal aging or a medical event Optimal Senior Care Solutions can assist with these activities enabling our clients to live comfortably, safely and independently at home.
These services include:
- Personal hygiene: Assistance with bathing, grooming, and dental hygiene.
- Medication reminders: Remind and document what medications need to be taken and when.
- Assistance with walking: Provide standby or close guard (hands on) assist while client is walking.
- Dressing: Help with choosing and putting on or taking off clothes.
- Transferring: Getting in and out of bed, on and off chairs and toilets, in and out of wheelchairs.
- Feeding: Assist client who may not be able to feed themselves. Plan and prepare meals as needed.
In additional to the above ADLs our Homemaking Services and Companionship Services can be incorporated into any care plan based upon the client’s need.